Recipe by Gena Hamshaw, The Full Helping
Featuring our Dreamy Cold Brew Concentrate, these vegan coffee brownies are super fudgy, with that paper-thin, shiny layer on top.
1/4 cup aquafaba
4 T (56 g) vegan butter
6 oz (170 g) vegan chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, divided into 2 oz and 4 oz
1/4 cup (20 g) Dutch process cocoa powder
1/4 cup Dreamy Cold Brew Concentrate
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/2 cup (96 g) cane sugar
1/2 cup (96 g) brown sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1/8 t baking soda
1/4 t fine salt
3/4 cup + 2 T (105 g) all purpose flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment.
2. Place aquafaba in a small bowl. Whisk vigorously for 1 minute, till foamy.
3. Place vegan butter in a Pyrex mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Add 2 oz of the chocolate. Stir till chocolate is melted. Add cocoa powder to the bowl, followed by cold brew concentrate. Whisk till you have a glossy mixture. Whisk in oil, sugars, and vanilla. Add baking soda, salt and flour. Whisk batter till shiny and no flour is visible.
4. Fold in the remaining chocolate. Then, fold the beaten aquafaba into the batter. Pour the batter into your baking dish.
5. Bake for 45 min, until there’s a crinkly layer on top of the brownies and the edges are crisping. Allow brownies to cool before removing from dish, cutting into squares, and enjoy!